It’s 2022 and life works around the clock. We can get food delivered at any hour, we can order a car anytime, and we can trade Alpha on Telegram with people around the globe. But for some reason, we’re used to having the banks closed every afternoon, weekend and every other holiday. We simply accept the fact that the markets close every afternoon, at 4 pm sharp.
According to The Financial Times, in 2021, 694 million shares changed hands outside of the usual trading hours of 9:30am-4pm. Six hundred and ninety-four million! And in 2022 that number holds steady at 682 million every single day. Set hours for trading are clearly an outdated concept, and there is a demand for a new way of trading.
Why Digital Securities?
Well, for so many reasons. In a world of new and equal opportunities, it seems like the right move at the right time. INX’s digital securities can be traded on the INX exchange 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our market never closes so anywhere you are around the globe, any time of day, you can place an order to trade digital securities and seize the opportunity to make more money.
But let’s first start with what even is a Digital Security?
Digital securities, also known as tokenized securities or security tokens, are financial securities (like a stock or bond) that are digitally represented on a blockchain. They exist on a decentralized network, and yet are still within the purview of traditional securities laws. The INX Token, for instance, is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission and FINRA, yet the token’s value is tied to the prospects of the business, the number of tokens in circulation, how many holders there are, and how in demand the token is.
Check out the advantages of Digital Securities:
- You can trade digital securities 24/7, 365 days a year. The market for security tokens never closes and the price per token is never finalized.
- Tied to demand. This is not the traditional stock market, so security tokens are not directly affected by inflation, or world events like the S&P 500.
- Portable. There is no paperwork or physical object to lug around.
- Easy way to raise capital. Through smart contracts you can avoid the drag of a typical VC fundraise and the community can fund a project.
- SEC regulated– Because of the regulation from the Securities and Exchange Commission, you have the additional protections afforded by regulatory oversight, and comfort that the company has adhered to strict policies, like AML/KYC.
- Liquidity- Because of the nature of digital securities, investors can exit the market without a painful process that involves boards, accountants, and lawyers.
Investing in digital securities allows investors to access the best parts of cryptocurrency decentralization, liquidity, 24/7 trading, and value tied to demand while working within regulations to ensure the safety of your money. Start trading digital securities with INX and access alpha 24/7, 365 days a year. Is now a good time for you?